- Youth Services
Our youth programs are funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WOIA). These programs serve economically disadvantaged young adults ages 14-24. Programs services available to youth in the Concho Valley include:
1. Tutoring, study skills training, instruction, and evidence-based dropout prevention and recovery strategies.
2. Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services.
3. Paid and unpaid work experiences.
4. Occupational skills training.
5. Education offered concurrently with and in the same context as workforce preparation activities and training for a specific occupation or occupational cluster.
6. Leadership development opportunities.
7. Support services.
8. Adult mentoring.
9. Follow-up services after completing your education and employment goals.
10. Comprehensive guidance and counseling.
11. Financial literacy education.
12. Entrepreneurial skills training.
13. Services that provide labor market and employment information.
14. Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to post secondary education and training.
All WIOA services are free and offered through the Workforce Solutions of the Concho Valley.
Call us at 325-653-2321 for more information.
Labor Market Information
Ever wonder how much a job pays? What kind of education you will need for the job? The Labor Market and Career Information Department (LMCI) of the Texas Workforce Commission provides information designed to support educational and career decisions.
Assessment & Interest Test
The Department of Labor has launched a new website, O*NET (the Occupational Information Network). It is a valuable career exploration and human resource tool for employers and job seekers.
Other Online Services
- The Workforce Tools of the Trade website is part of the Career One Stop portal for Workforce development professionals. The site provides a variety of education and training services and products for workforce development professionals.
- Don't know how much money you will need to earn in the future? Don't know which occupation to choose? Visit Texas Reality Check and click on one of 3 options to help you select the right career for your spending needs.
Want to know what jobs are in demand in our area? Check out our In Demand Occupations List (PDF).
Most popular schools in our area:
Is your school not listed? Look at the statewide provider list.
Do you need your GED? Please contact us at 325-653-2321 or visit the Howard College website.