Disability Employment Information
If you have a physical, mental, or cognitive impairment or disability that makes employment hard for you, you may be eligible for services to help you prepare for, obtain, maintain or advance in employment. Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services assists individuals with any disability in partnership with Workforce Solutions of the Concho Valley.
If you are an employer seeking to hire qualified candidates with disabilities, we also encourage you to ask for a Vocational Rehabilitation Business Relations Coordinator in your area to help with candidate referrals, accommodation, or technical assistance related to hiring individuals with disabilities.
Information on continuation during pandemic of Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services to individuals with disabilities:
- Individuals needing employment assistance, including those with disabilities, can be directed to their nearest Workforce Solutions office, whose employment specialists will coordinate referrals or services with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) staff.
- You may also reach out to VR directly for assistance, and may use the directory found here to find the office closest to them. An email address is also available for customers who would like assistance connecting to the right office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VR serves individuals with disabilities, including those who are blind, deaf or hearing impaired, who need VR services to obtain or retain employment.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, VR staff are available remotely to assist customers. Here is a one page message to customers on this. A Message to Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services Customers
Benefits and Opportunities for Employers Who Hire People With Disabilities
- By opening your job searches to qualified people with disabilities, you gain access to a pool of talented workers
- A diverse workforce gives you a competitive advantage by adding new ideas, viewpoints and approaches to solving your business challenges
- Your employees and customers appreciate diversity
- Making accommodations for people with disabilities is usually easy and inexpensive, and can actually carry a return
- The average accommodation costs less than $500
- Employing people with disabilities makes good business sense Retention rates among people with disabilities are higher than average thus reducing training costs
- People with disabilities are loyal customers to businesses who support them